quinta-feira, 3 de setembro de 2026

Acid attacks on women and girls in Bangladesh

  


Khodaja and her baby daughter Sonali were sleeping in their home in Bangladesh when they were attacked with acid as the result of a land dispute with a relative. Sonali was so young at the time that the acid permanently altered the shape of her skull. 

Khodaja says: "It took a few days before I became properly conscious of my surroundings. Then I became so worried about the future and the challenges that could come up, because my daughter's face and mine were so distorted. My mother tried to tell me not to feel worried about this. She tried to give me hope that things would improve. Though I didn’t know what the future would hold, I knew it would never be the same”.

After the attack, the family were helped by an ActionAid partner organisation called SoDesh, who put them in touch with the Acid Survivors Foundation. The Foundation was set up to prevent acid and burn violence and to empower survivors of these attacks, especially women and children. They helped pay for the initial medical bills and gave the family counselling.

 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Os refugiados muçulmanos vêm para a Europa porque este continente está "infectado" com um vírus chamado "Suicidal Empathy: Dying to Be Kind" (Gad Saad)

  A empatia suicida é um suposto fenômeno no qual formas excessivas, mal direcionadas e patológicas de empatia são destrutivas para a part...