quinta-feira, 2 de outubro de 2025

Excerpts of "Rivers of Blood", from Enoch Powell (I)

 

 "The supreme function of statesmanship is to provide against preventable evils. […] Those who knowingly shirk it deserve, and not infrequently receive, the curses of those who come after. A week or two ago I fell into conversation with a constituent, a middle-aged, quite ordinary working man employed in one of our nationalised industries. After a sentence or two about the weather, he suddenly said: "If I had the money to go, I wouldn't stay in this country. I have three children, I shan't be satisfied till I have seen them all settled overseas. In this country in 15 or 20 years' time the black man will have the whip hand over the white man." 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

A AIMA anunciou que tem 55 mil pedidos de reagrupamento para despachar

Quem pode ser reagrupado     Cônjuge ou parceiro em união de facto (comprovada há mais de dois anos).     Filhos menores ou incapazes a carg...